No products in the cart.
Summer moisture and the summer sun can be damaging to your hair. Thus with the advent of summer you start experiencing numerous hair problems like dry hair, split ends, frizzy and brittle hair. All these means its time you start paying attention to your hair. Proper preventative steps need to be taken during this seasons to ensure that your hair does not get damaged. Here are some handy Summer Hair Care Tips to prevent damage to your hair.
Summer Hair Care Tips:
- Keep your hair knotted or wear buns or plats to avoid total exposure to sun and thus control frizzes.
- Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the sun but make sure that it’s not so tight that it will restrict circulation in your scalp.
- Limit your use of “hot” items on your hair such as a blow dryers and curling irons.
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water, use warm or cool water instead, the heat can dry out and/or damage your hair and skin.
- Staying hydrated is important for healthy hair as well as your overall health, so make sure that you are taking enough water. Intake of lots of water hydrates your system during summer, which provides natural health to your hair.
- Avoid hair products with formaldehyde or alcohol in it which dry out hair, try to use natural products that are gentler on your hair. Home treatments are the best treatments for your hair, rather than purchasing chemical products from the market. With some simple measures and little attention, you can avoid summer damage to your hair and manage to keep it healthy.
- Try washing your hair less often; shampooing your hair strips the moisture out of your hair. Shampooing your hair everyday deprives the hair of its natural moisture. So, try not to shampoo your hair daily. Try using mild herbal shampoo during summer, rather than the normal shampoo that you use during other times, as they are much gentle on your hair.