No products in the cart.
Ayurvedic Name: Aanah | Responsible Dosha: Vata
Constipation is a condition in which a person experiences hard, dry, small in size, and difficulty in elimination of stool, it is also defined as having a bowel movement fewer than three times per week. Ayurveda says it is mainly caused by aggravation of Vata (air) though it can sometimes be caused by aggravation of pitta and kapha which leads to a low gastric fire (jathraagni).
- Diet (Low fiber intake)
- Not enough liquids
- Avoiding exercise
- Medication (specifically anti-depressants, pain meds and anti-biotics)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Changes in Life or Routine
- Abuse of Laxatives
- Specific Diseases
- Cumulative stress (family, job, boss, finances etc.)
Ayurveda says it is mainly caused by aggravation of Vata (air)
Sign & Symptoms
- Abdominal heaviness
- Loss of appetite
- Ulcers in the mouth
Ayurvedic Experts formulated and tested to treat root cause of constipation.
- 100% natural active ingredients, safe with NO-SIDE EFFECTS.
- Relieves indigestion, gastritis, abdominal pain, irritable bowel movement.
- Corrects ‘vata’ dosha & also works as an appetizer.
- For all ages of men, women and children.
Results: within 1-2 days
Treatment Includes: Oral Supplement in the form of herbal powder.
Intake: 1 to 2 tea spoon of herbal powder after every meals with water (preferably warm water).
Ayurvedic products are used for its therapeutic properties since ancient times. The advantages of Herbal care India & natural herbal remedies are that they are safe, without side-effects and effective. Our herbal products are made from Himalaya herbs India, Ayurvedic herbs providing natural, alternative care and herbal medicines.
Our herbal medicine company is among the leading companies engaged in marketing of health food supplements in India. Our herbal supplements Ayurvedic herbs are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. Our range comprises of gastro powder, fat & inch loss burners, skin care supplement, hair care supplement, hair thickener supplement, grey hair supplement, arthritis & joint care supplement, memory loss care, vigour & vitality supplement and anti-depressant supplement.
Herbal gastro powder has its roots in Ayurveda-ancient herbal healthcare system of India. Herbal powder is a researched ayurvedic natural product, developed by certified herbalist Dr. Raksha, using nature’s most powerful ingredients that have been scientifically proven to relieve constipation, and has no side effects.
- Herbal extracts & its natural herbs are helpful in balancing one of the three fundamental bodily humors “vata”, which is responsible dosha for constipation.
- Medicinal powder contains specific nutrients that are not easily obtained from dietary sources alone that influence on digestive system, as deficiencies of specific nutrients can also lead to constipation.
- The herbs in combination are useful in multiple problems as they remove the accumulated toxins within the body, making it best herbal remedy for constipation and an effective cleanse formula. It also clears up the liver and whole body toxins (ama) & promotes regularity.
- Improve immune system, intestinal health and also improves functioning of digestive system clears the blockage of channels in the digestive system.
- Giloye (Tinospora cordifolia):
Giloye use for soothing inflamed and injured mucous membranes in the digestive tract. This herb protect the stomach and duodenum by increasing production of mucin, a substance that protects the lining of these organs against stomach acid and other harmful substances.
- Harar (Terminalia Chebula):
It is very much useful in chronic constipation. Haritaki increases the frequency of stools and has got the property of evacuating the bowels completely.
- Amla (Emblica Officinalis):
Amla is full of Vitamin C which is improves digestion process; Problems of stomach like acidity and heartburn etc.
Zeera (Cuminum cuimunum), Sonf (Foenieulum vulgare) and Rock salt.
Most teenage acne will clear as the follicles mature and become less sensitive to the hormone induced changes, however in some, it will persist well into adulthood, especially those with strong genetic tendencies toward acne. The most important method of prevention is to keep the skin clean and free from dirt and oil.
Step 1: Yoga Help In Constipation
1. Pawan – Mukta Asana
Benefits: It helps in gas trouble, fat loss and help to release excess of Vatafrom body, tone up skin.
Description of the asana:
- Inhale slowly through both the nostrils and hold your breath. Stretch out your toes and keep holding the breath. Clasp right knee by both hands and in a slow movement press your knee toward your stomach. Hold for 4-5 seconds, then touch your knee with your nose.
- Exhale and simultaneously release your legs to original position in a slow movement.
- Repeat this process with left knee and subsequently with both knees together. This completes one set.
- Carry out this set two more times.
2. Matsya Asana – Fish Posture
Description of the asana:
Fish Pose (Matsya-asana) Instruction:
- Lie flat on the back in the Shava-asana.
- Keeping the buttocks on the floor, inhale and raise the head, shoulders, back and upper arms off the floor arching the back and raising the chest up. Tilt the head back and place the top of the head flat on the floor.
- Raise the elbows off the floor bring your hands up just below the chest and join them at the palms with the fingers pointing straight up (form the Anjali-mudraor salutation hand gesture). Hold for the duration of the inhale breath or breath gently through the nostrils to remain in the posture longer.
- Return to the Shava-asana.
3. The Plough Posture (Halasana)
Description of the asana:
- Position a folded blanket under the shoulders. The head and neck should be off the blanket. Come to lie on the back.
- Using the abdominal muscles, lift the legs over the head until the toes touch the floor behind the head.
- Interlace the fingers behind your back and straighten the arms.
- Roll the shoulders under one at a time.
- The hips should be aligned over the shoulders.
- To come out, roll out of the pose slowly, one vertebra at a time, keeping the legs straight and feet together.
Step 2: Adjusting Your Diet
People who eat a high-fiber diet are less likely to become constipated. The most common causes of constipation are a diet low in fiber or a diet high in fats, such as cheese, eggs, and meats.Fiber—both soluble and insoluble—is the part of fruits, vegetables, and grains that the body cannot digest. Soluble fiber dissolves easily in water and takes on a soft, gel-like texture in the intestines. Insoluble fiber passes through the intestines almost unchanged. The bulk and soft texture of fiber help prevent hard, dry stools that are difficult to pass.
A low-fiber diet also plays a key role in constipation among older adults, who may lose interest in eating and choose foods that are quick to make or buy, such as fast foods, or prepared foods, both of which are usually low in fiber. Also, difficulties with chewing or swallowing may cause older people to eat soft foods that are processed and low in fiber.
Liquids add fluid to the colon and bulk to stools, making bowel movements softer and easier to pass. People who have problems with constipation should try to drink liquids every day. However, liquids that contain caffeine, such as coffee and cola drinks will worsen one’s symptoms by causing dehydration. Alcohol is another beverage that causes dehydration. It is important to drink fluids that hydrate the body, especially when consuming caffeine containing drinks or alcoholic beverages.
3: Acupressure For Constipation
Use this simple techniques – acupressure for Constipation – to address your concerns:
- Feel in between thumb and index finger but not the bony part. You can estimate the location and press gently around it. If you can feel pain spreading out from a point, you have found it.
- Move towards the bony part of the area between thumb and index finger, half way towards the wrist. That’s point Large Intestine 4 or what they call LI4 to stimulate intestinal contractions.
- Turn palm upwards. At the wrist area below the little finger, look for a depression between bones and vein.
- Put your palm downwards. Mentally divide the distance between the wrist and elbow into four equal parts. Pick the point which is a quarter from the wrist. Or imagine the point at which lines from the little finger and the ring finger intersect.
- Bend your hand towards neck. Look at the crease on the elbow.
Step 4: Home Remedies for constipation
Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. It is very important to keep the intestines working well. Keep the water overnight in a copper vessel and drink it when you wake up in the morning.
- Avoid dry foods. Your food must contain adequate amounts of oil or ghee in it.
- Put a teaspoon of ghee in a glassful of warm milk. Drink it when going to bed. It is very helpful in relieving from constipation.
- For morning walk by having 2-3 glasses of warm water. This will prevent constipation and clear bowel movements.
- Do not take rice when suffering from constipation. Take wheat instead.
- Include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet. Papaya and sugarcane are especially beneficial. Tomato and beetroot salads are also very useful in constipation relief.
- Do not eat foods that are difficult to digest like beans, legumes, grams, cabbages and mushrooms..